During this phase, the probationers would cover Establishment-Accounts, Expenditure-Accounts, EDP Centre, including AFRES and PRIME applications, Traffic Costing, Traffic Statistics and office of Principal Director of Audit.
Objectives: To familiarize the probationers with -
Topics for study:
- The role and functions of FA&CAO’s office (both open line and construction)
- Working of HQ office and role of Accounts office.
- Working of Expenditure section, Establishment (Gaz. / Non-gaz.), PF and Pension, sections, Suspense section, Inspection Section, Administration section as well as EDP Centre, Statistical branch and Traffic Costing section. The difference between the working in Division & HQ sections.
- Role of Audit by being attached with Principal Director of Audit of the Railway for some time. They would study the working of Audit Dept. with particular reference to the cooperation necessary between the Accounts and Audit depts. In the Railways.
- Structure of an investment proposal
- Project appraisal - DCF and other techniques
- Execution of projects and financial control over the same
- Various types of estimates and their check & verification
- System of contracts and tenders
- Budget and budgetary control - Works programmes, budget orders, financial review, periodic budgetary reviews etc.
- Assessment of utility of projects after implementation viz. Productivity Test
- Catering Accounts - Records maintained in the base kitchen and other departmental catering units including dining cars.
- Works program, M&P programme, RSP, their initiation, Compilation, approval and reflection in Pink book or Green Book.