Objectives: To familiarize the probationers with-
- The basic working of a Railway Division and the role of Accounts Office, Pay Office.
- The organization and functions of the Establishment section; expenditure section; P.F. administration section and books & budget section in a Divisional accounts office, also Suspense, Inspection section etc.
- The role and duties of the Accounts dept. in negotiations with the unions through PNM, informal meetings etc.,
- Aspects of Accounts office brought up in the monthly/periodic D.O.M. (Divisional Officers’ Meeting conducted by DRM).
- Aspects reported to FA & CAO through MPR & Bi- MPR.
Topics for study:
- Hierarchical blocks in various departments within the Railways pay scales, avenues of promotion etc.
- Recruitment and promotion rules for the various categories of employees. Draw organizational chart.
- Service records and their maintenance.
- Various types of leave available to railway employees and maintenance of the same.
- Regulations relating to passes and PTOs.
- Various interest bearing and non-interest bearing advances payable to railway employees and recovery of the same.
- Maintenance of PF accounts and problems faced in the same.
- Retirement benefits - pension, DCRG, encashment of LAP etc. including mode of pension payments, retired Railway Employees’ Liberated Health Scheme, calculation of there amount for supplementary and voluntary retirement. New Pension Scheme
- Discipline & Appeal Rules with sample cases.
- Zonal contracts.
- P N M.
- Study of a works tenders.
- Study of two establishment bills, contractors’ bills, suppliers’ bills and their salient features.
- Internal check procedures.
- Problems faced in the maintenance of PF accounts and steps for more efficient maintenance of the same.
- Accompanying the Inspection staff for one inspection executive office.
Note: Probationers are expected to attend the PNM and other meetings with the unions and also accompany DRM’s inspection, if any, during the period of training.