· Name: Dr. Kalpana Dube
· Service / Grade / Batch / DOITS / DOA: IRAS / HAG / 1987/ 06.03.1989
· Educational Qualification : MBA, PhD
· Positions held so far :
Name of post
Period of posting
All Jr. scale matters relating to Finance & Accounts functions work – largest division of IR
Independent charge of Finance functions of WR
Independent charge of Carriage Workshop and EMU Workshop along with Stock verification functions
Stores Accounts functions
Sr. DFM functions of LKO division
Dy. Director (Sr.)
On deputation to training academy of IAS officers
Faculty member for setting up PPP training facilities
Principal Financial Advisor for R&D related Finance and Accounts functions
Dean Faculty of Finance
· Experience: Vast professional experience of 30 years on IR, and worked in almost all areas of Finance and Accounts, including Construction Accounts, Divisional Accounts, Stores and Workshop Accounts.Major teaching and training experience in apex level Civil Service training Academy- LBSNAA/Mussoorie, IRITM/LKO.
· Special Experience: Taught Public Policy in University of Yorkshire, UK; Taught Financial Management & Railway Restructuring in University of Texas, USA.
· Teaching Responsibilities in NAIR: PPP, Infrastructure Financing, Project Management, Strategic Finance, Business Policy, Leadership, and Innovation Management.
·Areas of Specialization & Interests: PPP in Infrastructure, especially Transport Infrastructure; Key Policy issues concerning Civil Services Reform and Privatization; Public Policy Planning and Economy analysis of Infrastructure Investment; PPP contractual issues related to PPP guidelines, Regulatory norms for Infrastructure sector and revenue sharing arrangement; Leadership issues in public administration, effective communication, innovations in governance, ethics and values.
· Training / programmes attended:
Training / Programmes
Productivity and Financial Appraisal Systems of European Railway workshops as part of a Study Group sent by Indian Railways (1994)
France, Germany, Netherlands
Technology Development initiative for higher axle load wagon – Part of Ministry of Railways delegation
ARI (American Railroad Institute), USA
One week in 2012
· Workshops / Seminars attended:
Workshop / Seminar
Strategic Management issues
16.12.2012 to 22.12.2012
New Financial Initiatives in IR
21.12.2015 to 23.12.2015
· Training Abroad:
Training / Programmes
Service Marketing and Customer Relationship Management Strategies
Two weeks in 2010
· Papers Written:
(i)Ideas on PPP – An Anthology of Ideas on PPP, with special focus on Transport Infrastructure (Publication: IRITM, Ministry of Railways)
(ii)Handbook of Project Finance and PPP Terminology (IRITM)
(iii)Working Paper – Studying the Efficacy of Brownfield Airport Modernisation Programme – Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL).Paper accepted for presentation at IIM/Bangalore (August 2010).
(iv)Passenger Satisfaction Survey Report and Benchmarking of Performance Standards for Indian Railway stations (2012)
(v)Infrastructure PPPs – Guiding Principles for the Public Managers (RSC Journal Abhivyakti, Vol.20, No.1 January-July 2010).
(vi)RDSO Technical Journal 2012: PPP in Infrastructure Sector
· Contact Details: